About PoemVillage Saranac Lake
The Adirondack Center for Writing is presenting PoemVillage to celebrate of the creativity and talent of the Tri-Lakes community during National Poetry Month in April. Starting April 11th, all submissions of poetry from community members, elementary kids to seniors, will be displayed in the windows of partnering businesses in downtown Saranac Lake. For three weeks, a trail of locally-written poetry will follow anyone walking down Main Street. On April 15th, the Adirondack Center for Writing will hide postcard-sized submissions in the corners of local businesses in an event called PocketPoetry. Under your morning coffee, tucked in the newspaper, or waiting underneath a tube of toothpaste in the pharmacy, poems from your friends and neighbors will be in every pocket of the community.
PoemCity was created by Rachel Senechal and Phayvanh Luekhamhan and developed by the Kellogg-Hubbard Library, Montpelier, Vermont. The Adirondack Center for Writing, with the help of local writing groups, is proud to be the first organizers welcoming the event to the state of New York.
April 11-30, 2016
The Adirondack Center for Writing welcomes all forms of poetry from anyone living part-time or full-time in the Tri-Lakes region of Saranac Lake, Tupper Lake, and Lake Placid. We want to see your poems! If it’s your first poem or your thousandth, submit it to PoemVillage. We will accept all submissions, there are no judges of the poetry submitted. All work submitted should be an original work from the submitting individual. Limit 3 submissions per person.
1. Deadline: Monday, March 14, 2016
2. You may submit 1-3 poems. You will copy and paste your poems into this form or submit in the form below.
3. Each poem must not exceed 24 lines.
4. Please let us know if the poem was previously published, and tell us where and when it appeared.
5. Please ensure that you have the rights to offer this poem for publication. This poem must be your own work.
6. If you are school-aged, please let us know your age and where you go to school, or let us know if you are home-schooled (optional).
7. To submit your poems, please use this form or submit below. You will need to submit the following information within the form, such as:
- Your name, Your email, Your city/town of residence, Your poem title(s) and attachment(s)
- Your school and age (optional), Your Paul Smith’s College/North Country Community College affiliation (optional)
If you do not use a computer, we will accept typed poems. *Please only use this option if it is absolutely impossible for you to submit online*
Please send to:
Adirondack Center for Writing
P.O. Box 956
Saranac Lake, New York 12983